This position has recently closed.
However, we are collecting a pool of qualified candidates for upcoming positions!**
Our public sector client is seeking an Intermediate level Chemist. Please note the Minimum Mandatory Requirements below:
This is a unilingual position with Enhanced Reliability clearance required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Prepare pre-submission documentation to PMRA, including URMULE proposals and cover letters.
Liaise with registrants to ensure all required materials, such as draft supplemental labels, registrant letters of support, supporting data and test items, are available.
Participate in data mining processes to obtain existing data to support submissions.
Oversee the conduct of residue studies. This includes, but not limited to:
– Consulting with registrants on the content of study plans and final reports.
– Providing advice to the PI and study personnel on issues related to study plans.
– Ensuring that study plan deviations are documented and the impact of these on the integrity and quality of the study is assessed. This includes taking corrective action if necessary.
– Communicating with PIs and study personnel on study conduct.
– Advising and reporting on study status.
– Advising on serious issues that could impact the outcome of studies.
– Ensuring that the master schedule is updated and correct.
– Ensuring that all raw data is fully documented and recorded.
– Preparing final reports and submissions
Ensure an understanding of the functions to be performed and, where necessary, request training for these functions.
Review and assist with the analysis of trace organic residue data.
Provide scientific expertise to manage files and submission documents for pesticide registration by PMRA.
Consult with agri-food stakeholders to determine requirements for pest control solutions.
Coordinate the implementation of projects related to improving the pesticide evaluation strategies for the generation of pesticide registration data.
Provide advice and consultation on data generation in AAFC, existing and potential clients and sponsors, as well as other government departments and universities, both national and international.
Minimum Mandatory Requirements:
Must have Graduate Science Degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry.
Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience is required.
– Experience with a range of analytical instruments including gas and liquid chromatograms
– Ability to research and analyze data
– Ability to prepare final reports
– Ability to assess analytical methods, procedures, and data to draft reports and make recommendations regarding that data.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
June 30, 2014