Langage required: French (Resource must be fluently bilingual in English and French)
Security Clearance required: SECRET CLEARANCE
Duties and Tasks
ESRI Software Suite
- Resolve problems with ArcGis Desktop, ArcGis Server and Arc SDE
- Write Java, Python or Perl scripts to support
- Environmental Systems Research Institution (ESRI) map services
- Google Earth Enterprise
- Resolve problems with Google Earth Enterprise Client, Google Earth Enterprise Fusion Server and Google Earth Enterprise Web Server.
- Create image, terrain and vector resources
- Troubleshoot Keyhole Markup Language (KML/ KMZ) files
- Open Source GIS Software
- Resolve problems with Mapserver
- Use GDAL and OGR to inspect, modify and convert GIS Data
- Support GIS on Linux
- Resolve issues effecting GIS services on Linux Servers
Linux and Windows System Administration
- Troubleshoot and resolve common system problems on Linux and Windows
- Use tools such as “firebug” to troubleshoot web service issues.
- Be familiar with DND Network Operating System (NOS) best practices
- Must have 5 years experience using ESRI Software Suite.
- Must have 3 years experience using Google Earth Enterprise.
- Must have 5 years experience using Open Source Geographic Information System (GIS) Software ie Mapserver, GeoServer or MapNik
- Minimum of 5 years providing GIS application support on both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Minimum 3 years of System Administration on Linux/Unix and Windows.
- Education: Secondary school diploma is required, Certificate, diploma, or degree in computer science or other relevant field from a recognized post secondary institution is required
Please send CV to Nicole email@example.com
August 30, 2013