Computer Applications Analyst
Start ASAP until July 31st 2014 (approx 1 year contract!)
Statement of Work
To hire a Computer Applications Analyst Intermediate Web Developer using a Temporary Help Service to engage employees and perform work. (English essential)
To provide Computer Website support through web maintenance, updating and enhancing websites
There has been a large upsurge in demands for web work since the re-launch of the extranet and the launch of the internet in the fall of 2012. Workload will continue to increase during the year as new sections are built.
The work will emcompass all maintenance and enhancement activities to the government clients web presence, including migration from GCPedia or other non-authorized sites.
- Gather use requirements and updates the clients Web Presence sites
- Develop and create functional specifications for websites, specifying to clients the benefits to recommend changes.
- Design high usability, accessible web pages to meet the requirements.
- Develops new websites, maintains and updates current websites and upgrades for current and future technologies of both Web and Social media
- Conducts research on website, maintains and updates current websites and upgrade for current and future technologies of both web and social media.
- Performs HTML and XHTML conversions in accordance with WCAG policies
- Creating and maintaining documentation of standards and specifications
- Creating incident reports and requests for change for modifications to web infrastructure
- Creating simple wireframes and web plans under supervision
- Performs complex web design and uses style sheets in compliance with government policy and templates
- Reads and monitors regularly open source initiatives affecting government, including development of new features, applications and tools.
The departmental CMS is Drupal
Space, a computer and other tools will be provided by the Government of Canada.
Care must be taken to produce accurate and well-structured pages that are easy to use. Obvious errors in spelling or typographical errors should be eliminated from work wherever possible.
M1 Must demonstrate a minimum of 2 years (in the last 5 years) experience as a web developer.
M2 College level graphic design or web or HTML diploma.
M3 Experience (1 year or more) working in a government and or private sector web development team.
M4 Must demonstrate a minimum of 1 year in the last 3 years advising clients on web accessibility and CLF 2.
Point Rated Criteria
R1 Experience in coding HTML for the web
2years to 3years =20pts
3+ years = 40 pts 40
R2 Experience in providing advice to clients related to the development of web pages using templates
1 -3 years = 10 pts
3+ years = 20 pts 20
R3 Experience in using a Drupal
3-12 months = 10 pts
13 months or more = 20 pts 20
R4 Experience in creating commonly used planning and prototyping tools such as site maps, web plans, wireframes, storyboards
6-12 months = 5 pts
13 months or more = 10 pts 10
Total 90 points
Minimum passing mark of 70% or 63Points
Please note: this position may be filled prior to its closing date. We thank all those who apply, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please send your CV directly to Nicole firstname.lastname@example.org
October 4, 2013