Location: Off-site, contractors choice of location
Language: Bilingual (English and French)
Clearance: Enhanced Reliability
M.2 The analyst must have expert knowledge of the Map4Desision software and provide technical services and analyses as well as support for the programming of new functions to be incorporated into the software.
M.3 The analyst must be able to provide training and produce technical documents in Canada’s two official languages.
- Develops and documents detailed statements of requirement.
- Analyzes functional requirements to identify information, procedures and decision flows.
- Evaluates existing procedures and methods, identifies and documents database content, structure and application sub-systems, and develops data dictionary.
- Defines and documents interfaces of manual to automated operations within sub-systems, to external systems and between new and existing systems.
- Defines input/output sources, including a detailed plan for technical design phase, and obtains approval of same.
- Designs and documents in detail all system components, their interfaces and operational environment.
- Designs data structures and files, sub-systems and modules, programs, batch, on line, and production monitoring procedures, testing strategy and systems.
- Documents system design, concepts and facilities, presents and obtains approval of detailed system design.
- Produces an operational system including all forms, manuals, programs, data files and procedures.
- Performs manual code changes.
- Performs screen and report changes.
- Gathers and analyzes data for the conduct of studies to establish the technical and economic feasibility of proposed computer systems, and for the development of functional and system design specifications.
- Designs methods and procedures for small computer systems and sub-systems of larger systems.
- Develops, tests and implements small systems and sub-systems of larger systems.
- Produces forms, manuals, programs, data files and procedures.
- Provides advice on GIS technology and its application.
- Designs and implements functional prototypes.
Performs analysis and modeling.
- Creates, updates, revises and documents GIS data sets.
- Interprets project objectives and creates appropriate data, analysis and output products.
- Restructures data from various sources and in diverse formats.
- Creates and updates metadata.
- Creates, updates and maintains procedures and standards.
- Designs and writes GIS-related programs.
Please send qualifying CVs to Shane at email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications, only qualified applicants will be contacted. It is preferred that Candidates reside in the Ottawa area and be eligible to obtain a government issued security clearance. NOTE: The position may be staffed before the closing date of this posting. Thank you for your time and consideration in this process.
November 25, 2013