The following is an anticipated need of our Federal Government clients
CLASSIFICATION / LEVEL – Engineer – Aerospace / Senior Level
LANGUAGE – English Essential
SECURITY – Enhanced Reliability
IN ADDITION TO THE PWGSC REQUIREMENTS IN THE CLASSIFICATION WEBLINK THIS OFFICE ALSO REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
• Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in the area of remote sensing and satellite systems.
• Recent (in the last 5 years) and detailed knowledge and a minimum of 3 years experience with the International COSPAS/SARSAT programme from a technical and operational perspective including the LEOSAR, GEOSAR, and MEOSAR systems.
• Recent (in the last 5 years) and detailed knowledge and a minimum of 1 year experience with the Polar Epsilon system and its use of RADARSAT-2 data.
• An understanding of Life Cycle Materiel Manager (LCMM) role within DND.
• Must be able to demonstrate impeccable written communication skills and have strong ability in preparing and leading the development of documents and presentations of the results of detailed analysis to technical and senior staff.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in the development and review of operational and procurement documentation, including Statements of Operational Requirements, System Requirements Specifications, and Statements of Work, which led to the successful procurement, deployment, and maintenance of remote sensing and/or satellite systems.
• There must be no substantial interests or relationships with possible competing vendors who are participating or likely to bid on any Requests for Proposals resulting from this work that could be construed as compromising the resource’s neutrality.
DUTIES OF THE RESOURCE:
• Manage or assist in the management of the LCMM support for the Canadian SARSAT LEOSAR and GEOSAR systems, the Canadian Mission Control Centre software, the Polar Epsilon solution, and the Canadian Space Surveillance System and Sapphire satellite.
• Data quality, latency time, and availability must be maintained within the associated systems’ specifications.
• Efficiently and completely resolve system failures and problems to minimize downtime and loss of data.
• Liaise with maintenance resources and operators to ensure excellent communications and minimize modifications and financial impacts.
• Participate, manage and/or chair, as appropriate, Configuration Control Boards for the systems supported.
• Provide input to the Project Management Offices and the Project Director on the In-Service Support for projects in development.
• Provide sound engineering advice on complex issues.
• Write and submit reports describing the progress made, analysis conducted, options considered, meetings held, resources identified, and other pertinent details related to these duties on a bi-weekly basis, or more frequently as required.
• Travel to locations as required for inspections, audits, coordination, and meetings as identified in support of the systems and responsibilities described above.
• As directed, research, analyze and advise management on the effectiveness and suitability of different technologies in the remote sensing and satellite system environment with emphasis on the LCMM role.
• If required, and as directed, lead and coordinate contracted resources in the performance of the duties listed above in the case that additional resources are needed to accomplish the assigned tasks.
This position may be filled prior to its closing date. We thank all those who apply, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.