• Proactively manages a book of business by reviewing the client’s exposure
and loss history and proposing appropriate coverage and/or solutions.
Where necessary, develops account strategies, presentations and other
forms of communication with client.
• Ensures maximum retention of book by providing exceptional client
service by regularly contacting existing clients to ensure quality service is
being delivered and needs are met and exceeded.
• Responds to telephone calls and written inquiries from clients and
underwriters in a timely and professional manner.
• Ensures growth in the book of business.
• Identifies needs of prospective clients through research and involvement
with relevant resources, utilizes division and corporate resources when
• Places new business as well as renewals and endorsements in a timely and
• Reviews policy wordings and other documentation for accuracy and
• Participates in industry functions and targeted public relations activities;
• Maintains extensive market relationships;
• Oversees the preparation of underwriting submissions, maintains
appropriate documentation for various accounts and/or correspondence;
• Maintains expiry lists, records, and policy files to ensure that they are
organized and up to date;
• Requests and follows up with insurers for outstanding information,
endorsements or policy documentation;
• Creates abeyances and follows up for outstanding items from
underwriters, marketers and clients;
• Establishes appropriate procedures for claims administration and loss
• Monitors and follows up on outstanding client receivables;
• Works with Accounting to resolve accounting discrepancies and related
• Follows BFL policies and procedures, including security and quality
procedures, as currently set out and as amended from time to time.
• Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
• Fluently bilingual
• University degree (typically in business or finance) or equivalent work
• At least 5 years of insurance brokerage experience
• Level 2 license
• Professional designation preferred
• Ability to work well independently, as part of a team and with others
throughout the organization
• Good project management and presentation skills
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Wintam, Excel
• Effective time management / organizational skills
• Customer focused and service oriented
• Detail oriented.
January 31, 2014