?MaxSys Staffing & Consulting is seeking an Advanced Stategist. Must have a valid Secret Security clearance.
MUST HAVE:Must havetwo years experience within the last five yearsin developing and implementing internal or external Public Affairs plans on a regional or national level for the Government of Canada.Must have 10 years experience providing strategic public affairs advice and support to ministerial staff or senior officials/executives and/or private sector equivalent (colonel/directorand up) on a variety of complex and /or sensitive issues.Must have10 years experience working with aknowledge of Government of Canada communications policies and practices.Must have good understanding of the Government of Canadas policies related to security and defence on a national and international level.Must have10 years experience drafting communications products including any combination of the following news releases, backgrounders, media lines, speaking notes, social media and web content.
DUTIES OF THE RESOURCE:
ADM PA requires the services of one (1) Advanced Strategist to support the formulation and execution of defence policy and support international defence relations. The Advanced Strategist will be expected to provide timely and informed advice on Canadian security and defence issues:
1. Develops strategic communications plans and related implementation strategies which encompass the short- and long-term policy communications needs of the Department.
2. Develops communications products including but not limited to news releases, backgrounders, media lines, speaking notes, social media and web content.
3. Provides communications advice based on public environment, program and policy documents, discussions with subject matter experts and managers, and communications policies, theories, principles and practices.
4. Provides expert and timely advice to departmental senior managers and Ministers Offices on communications options and alternatives.
5. Represents the major component or sector and the Department in consultation with central agencies and other federal departments/agencies to ensure their interests are considered in departmental corporate communications, to promote departmental programs and to ensure harmonization of messaging and effectiveness of departmental communications.
6. Researches and analyzes communications challenges and opportunities in the public environment and monitors emerging political, social, economic and cultural issues in Canada and abroad. The position is required to conduct research involving issues, opinions and views of public and private sector groups and individuals as determined from public opinion surveys, media content and trend analyses, publications and reports issued by public and private sector groups and individuals.
If your CV demonstrates all of the above, please contact Pamela: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note that Only Qualified resources will be contacted.
|Application Deadline||April 28, 2017|
|Experience Required||10+ years|