MaxSys is currently looking for an Engineer Electrical, Intermediate for our Federal Client.
1. Must clearly demonstrate three (3) years of experience in the last ten (10) years in the area of vehicle or equipment systems engineering or engineering management within a Department of the Government of Canada.
2. Must have experience in three (3) of the following areas:
a. the transition to the in-service phase of a newly acquired equipment or system which involves work related to training, equipment distribution, or other activities related to transition to in-service;
b. the preparation of equipment in-service support (ISS) plans;
c. the application of Configuration Management (CM) and experience implementing Engineering Changes (ECs) of electronic components within land-based equipment and systems;
d. the implementation of an in-service support contract either for repair parts or services; and/or
e. the performance of life cycle support through the management of one or more Life Cycle Material Managers (LCMMs).
3. Must clearly demonstrate three (3) years of experience within the past ten (10) years assessing technical documentation such as Technical Data Packages (TDPs), Technical Orders, Equipment Manufacturer specifications and industry standards to provide recommendations to management on equipment support plans for military or police equipment platforms.
4. Must hold a Bachelor of Engineering degree from a recognized Canadian university in a relevant field, such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering.
DUTIES OF THE RESOURCE:
1. Identifying Information Communication Technologies (ICT) and embedded computer systems in land-based equipment and weapon systems by examining Technical Data Packages (TDPs), Technical Orders and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)-provided data.
2. In capturing the information on ICT assets, engaging the Life Cycle Materiel Managers (LCMMs) in order to leverage their equipment-specific knowledge, organizing the data to the requested level of detail for developers to build a database, and assisting with the population of the database;
3. Advising on the implications of Engineering Changes on the security posture of land-based equipment and vehicles, and providing guidance and recommendations for ECs related to security.
4. Advising on technical matters concerning the Divisions equipment and systems, with a particular emphasis on embedded computer and microcontroller sub-systems such as those found in vehicle electronics (vetronics).
5. Participating in the tracking of security threats and vulnerabilities to the Divisions land-based equipment, vehicles and weapon systems.
6. Coordinating and administering technical endeavours as directed by the Technical Authority.
7. Working cooperatively in a team environment.
Security Clearance: Secret Level
If you meet all the above requirements, please send your resume today to Katherine Spallin at:
*Please note, only qualified candidates will be contacted and the position could be filled prior to closing date. Thank you.*
|Application Deadline||November 30, 2018|
|Experience Required||3 years|