Our Client in the Banking and Finance Industry is seeking a Instructional Designer for their Downtown Toronto office. This is a 6 months contract to start, possible extension
The Designer is accountable for the design and development of performance-focused solutions and creative strategies that support Canadian Personal and Business Banking employees. This work enables the segment to achieve visible and measurable improvements in the areas of human performance, development, productivity and business results.
The Designer will partner with Learning Consultants and business partners to recommend learning and performance support solutions through the planning, designing and development of the most appropriate medium.
This is a team of about 15 people – mix of CT and FTE. This is a high functioning team where team members work collaboratively. There is also room to be autonomous and self-driven but with support from team members and leadership. They have high expectations but have reasonable timelines.
EVP (Employee Value proposition):
At this Bank, we have helped our customers and communities for over 200 years. Working with us means being part of a team of talented, passionate individuals with a shared focus on working together to deliver great customer experiences. We stand behind your success with the support you need to turn your potential into performance.
Our client the bank, is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives.
This individual will have the opportunity to share ideas with the team and be creative in an exciting and challenging role. There is opportunity to network and opportunity for growth within the bank.
This is also a great team to work for – everyone is personable on the team. Work-life balance is very important to the management team.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
Drive engagement and impact through the planning, design and development of clear, engaging and visually compelling learning and performance support solutions that enhance retention and aid knowledge transfer.
– Design and develop solutions that advance human performance and drive business impact
– Incorporate our brand promise and the Bank values consistently into all solutions
– Design and develop with a strong customer-focus mindset
– Conduct design analysis, scope project outcomes and analyze expectations of the target audiences
– Create a detailed design structure that defines performance outcomes and learning objectives, describes activities and assessment strategy
– Write, storyboard and edit learning and performance support interventions
– Define accurate timelines and project scope, cost and resourcing requirements
– Be adaptable and agile in design and development
– Find the right solution for solving performance problems and learning gaps
– Participate and collaborate multiple internal projects varying in size and complexity
– Ensure learning solutions are instructionally sound, developed on time, within scope and budget
Relationship Management (20%)
– Attend regular project team meetings and provide status updates on activities, identifying issues or challenges
– Liaise with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and business partners throughout the design and development process for content validation and feedback
– Manage relationships with external vendors throughout the project life cycle
– Build effective relationships with business partners, ensuring their confidence that business needs/objectives are being met/exceeded
– Provide ongoing support to team members
– Maintain external network to understand the competitive landscape, keep abreast of industry developments, new technology solutions and trends
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
– 2-5 years of experience in a design and development role OR a University degree/college diploma in communications, visual design, marketing, education or instructional design
– Excellent writing and communication skills
*PLEASE INCLUDE WORK SAMPLES/PORTFOLIO*
– Advanced knowledge of with MS Office Suites (esp. Word and PowerPoint)
– Comfortable using prototypes and storyboards to communicate iterative and interactive design concepts
– Ability to create and work with design templates to create and maintain a book of record
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
– Immediate knowledge of authoring and e-learning design softwares such as Storyline (or, Microsoft PowerPoint, Articulate 360, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premier, Adobe Character Animator, etc. )
– Multimedia experience
– UX design experience
– Previous banking/FI experience
– Knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional methodologies is strongly preferred, but not essential
– Demonstrated ability to manage projects varying in complexity and of strategic importance
– Strong team player with proven interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with vendors, web developers, SMEs, business partners, facilitators and other designers
– Ability to work autonomously within defined objectives and direction
– Entrepreneurial self-starter with strong analytical and proven problem solving skills, initiative and ability to succeed in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
– Ability to work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing a consistently high level of attention to detail
– Demonstrated creativity and innovation
– Solid project management skills
– Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills
– Demonstrated business, planning, organizing, decision making and problem solving skills
To Apply, Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Application Deadline||March 2, 2019|
|Experience Required||4 years|
|Job Duration||6 months|