MaxSys is currently looking for a Library Technician Intermediate for our Federal Client.
• A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
• Master’s degree in Library and Information Sciences, with a minimum of 1 year’s work experience
• Information management administrator certification or diploma and/or course work in information management would be considered an asset.
• Exceptional researching skills.
• Demonstrated experience in validating, selecting and sourcing housing information from various resources.
• Strong communication skills (written and oral).
• Ability to respond quickly, accurately, and tactfully, at times under pressure, to problems of a sensitive or complex nature in relation to the operation of the group/division and the performance of the service provider(s).
• Strong interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy, flexibility).
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, and take decisive action.
• Well-developed planning and project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities.
DUTIES OF THE RESOURCE:
Research and Consultation
• Providing reference, research and environmental scans (Alerts) to meet employee business needs.
• Supporting information resource staff in responding to internal and external enquiries, including ILL
• Providing required training and information sessions to Information Centre employees.
• Providing required coaching and information sessions to CMHC internal clients on tools and services offered through the Information Centre.
Housing Knowledge Centre Management
• Assisting with the development and implementation of the modernization plan of the CMHC Housing Knowledge Centre including the digitization of CMHC information resources.
• Managing copyright issues pertaining to the use of CMHC publications by third parties.
• Assist with the implementation and maintenance of the Information Centre’s online library reference systems and technologies.
• Assist with the cataloguing and classification of the Information Centre’s information resources.
• Assist in evaluating and selecting the information resources to be purchased or licensed by the Information Centre, with an emphasis on electronic resources.
• Developing and updating or recommending changes to operational policies of the Information Centre.
• Providing advice and consulting services to Information Centre staff and management on various aspects of information resources including the selection, digital storage and dissemination of information.
Security Clearance: Enhanced Level
If you meet all the above requirements, please send your resume today to Cassandre Louis at:
*Please note, only qualified candidates will be contacted and the position could be filled prior to closing date. Thank you.*
|Application Deadline||January 25, 2019|
|Experience Required||1 year|