You are a talented professional looking for a career, not a job. Reporting to the Director, Business Process, this is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced, results-oriented Payroll Specialist with proven experience managing and processing Canadian payroll, and delivering on all payroll functions in a timely and efficient manner. This position will provide subject matter expertise to the payroll function related to system implementations, processing, remittances and reporting.This role will build relationships with key stakeholders to ensure open communication and effective payroll processes.
You picture yourself within an exciting and dynamic environment, where your ideas will be heard and you have an opportunity to showcase your talents and great skills. You are motivated by goals, a self-starter, and are a hardworking individual who is comfortable in a rapidly changing environment with tight deadlines and challenging goals.
A Day in the Life
· Accountable and responsible forprocessing semi-monthlypayroll that includes salaried, hourly, contract, virtual, union, shift, and overtimeacross multiple business units and provinces
· Provide guidance and support for the overall corporate payroll function forapproximately 350 employees.
· Work with a time management system to ensure employee time is captured appropriately, transferred and processed in the payroll system.
· Administer Benefit & Pension plan employee enrolments and updates
· Monthly reconciliation of benefit and pension deductions
· Prepare, reconcile and file year end T4, T4A, EHT WSIB, CSST annual returns.
· Prepare forms such as records of employment, income tax forms and remittances.
· Prepare and reconcile the semi-monthly General Ledger wages journals.
· Respond to and verify requests from various agencies, eg. CRA
· Review and evaluate payroll policies and procedures on an ongoing basis and recommend updates as necessary
· Work closely with internal stakeholders and partners on shared projects, programs and objectives
· Conduct on-going audits of payments and respond to external audit requests
· Maintain a strong knowledge of payroll legislation in all jurisdictions within which the company has operations
· Work with the payroll vendor to implement/maintain the payroll system
Keys to Success:
· Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) (or working towards)
· 5-7 years experience processing full-cycle payroll across multi-provinces and in particular, Quebec.
· Excellent understanding of all relevant legislation in areas such as income tax, employment standards, CPP, employment insurance, etc. as it relates to payrollAdvance proficiency with MS Office, particular ExcelFamiliarity working with a time management system
· Excellent oral and written communication skills; great attention to detail
· Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and a proven ability to execute with excellence in a fast-paced environmentExperience in handling sensitive/confidential information.Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
· Experience implementing a new payroll system – a background with UltiPro payroll system a definite asset
· Bilingualism in English and French an asset
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Application Deadline||April 30, 2017|
|Experience Required||5+ years|