MaxSys is currently looking for a PSW for a home care company. This can lead to permanent for the right candidate!
Title: Personal Support Worker
Department(s): Home Care
Reports to: Personal Support Manager
A Personal Support Worker is responsible for providing assistance with personal care, socialization, emotional support, and related health services to clients (including adults and children) to maintain the activities of daily living in the home. This may include bathing, toileting, dressing, feeding, mobility, transfers, sorting and bagging linen, making and changing beds, light cleaning and tidying, and supporting client independence regarding medications. The PSW is responsible for monitoring and reporting changes in the client’s behaviour and condition. All support activities are performed in a manner that encourages the client’s independence
Key Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience:
– Willing to work part-time shifts of 4 hours or longer depending on client needs.
– PSW certification from a recognized educational institution.
– Experience in providing homemaking and personal support activities including care of seniors and/or children.
– Possess a compassionate and flexible nature, and a client-centred approach to care-giving.
– Demonstrate ability to recognize safety issues and follow safe work practices.
– Must be able to meet physical demand requirements of the role.
– Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
– Effective verbal and written English language skills.
– Requires good judgement, problem solving and assessment abilities.
– Ability to travel between assignments by public transportation or by car.
– Flexible to work weekends.
– Current CPR and First Aid certification is a requirement.
– Ability to speak a second language is a definite asset.
– Experience working in the community is a definite asset.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Please reach out to Katherine Spallin firstname.lastname@example.org with an updated resume.
*Please note, only qualified candidates will be contacted and the position could be filled prior to closing date. Thank you.*
|Position Type||Part Time|
|Application Deadline||March 29, 2019|