?Typical Day in Role
* Infrastructure Planning: Provide assistance in the development and maintaining of the Unix/Linux infrastructure services based on the banks standards. Maintain up to date documentation.
* Infrastructure Administration: Responsible for configuring, implementing and trouble shooting any issues that involve unix infrastructure services
* Policies and Procedures: Assist in the identification, development and maintenance of policies and procedures that are relevant to the proper operational functions of the Unix infrastructure. Assist in quarterly reviews of documentation and ensure their availability to the users and management.
* Evaluate New Products and Services: Assist in the evaluation of new unix related products. Provide detailed results to be incorporated in the management summary reports.
* Users Education: Assist in presenting to the Unix admins with education materials to ensure that the UNIX Support groups are current with Unix infrastructure design and implementations.
* Disaster Recovery: Maintain operational readiness ensuring rapid and complete recovery in the event of a catastrophic disaster. Conduct testing on regular bases, as outlined in the banks policies and procedures, to ensure DR functionality. Update the policies and procedures as required.
* Risk Assessment: Ability to use the available Unix tools to monitor the environment and identify any issues which could be of a risk.
* Project Planning and Management: Provide assistance in project management functions during all stages of requirements rollout including: assessment, planning, initiation, implementation and management
* Capacity Planning: Update the capacity-planning model for the Unix environment. Make recommendations to management on the requirements to increase capacity when required.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) operating system (7+ years experience monitoring, engineering, virtualization and optimization)
2) Red Hat Satellite (2-3 years experience)
3) Solaris operating system (7+ years experience monitoring, engineering, virtualization and optimization)
4) Solaris 10/11 (1-3 years experience)
5) Veritas & VCS (5+ years experience with Symantec Storage Foundation and Cluster Services)
6) Enterprise environment (5+ years supporting/administering 100+ servers)
Degrees or certifications:
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
7+ years of overall experience within a System Admin/Consultant capacity for RHEL & Solaris
|Application Deadline||April 30, 2017|
|Experience Required||5+ years|
|Job Duration||6 months|